For disclosure sake, I want to emphasize up front that I purchased the product I'm reviewing with my own money prior to partnering with FitFannyPack for this giveaway. My opinion of the product is my own and not sponsored or paid for.
The word Fanny Pack has always held a negative connotation with me. When I was in high school I wore a regular fanny pack to Astro World and my uncle told me I looked like a Mexican tourist(I am Mexican American so don't take offense). After that, I swore I would never wear a fanny pack again. The problem is, I hate wearing things on my arm or in my clothing so I decided to give this form fitting "FitFannyPack," by HipS-Sister a try. I bought three different colors, but other colors are available. They come in two sizes, size 1 fits up to a size 8 and size 2 fits sizes 10-14. They retail for $25 and you can get them from Steph at FitFannyPack. I am going to review this using pictures so here goes. The Giveaway widget will be at the bottom.
The fanny pack has a pocket for your phone in the front as well as a zippered pocket for anything else you might need to take with you. It also has a pocket in the back. I was able to fit my Iphone with my OtterBox case in the zippered pocket.
This is the secret pocket for the phone, it doesn't have a zipper so it's very easy to take your phone out while you run. So if you need to change your music or you have a call coming in, you don't have to worry about messing with a zipper or an armband. When I ran with it, the phone also stayed in place and didn't come out of the pocket. This is very important to me, I hate it when I wear other belts and my phone flops up and down in the pocket. I did take the Otter box off to fit it in this pocket.
Front Zippered Pocket
Back Zippered Pocket
It's super easy to slip on and off.
I tested out my HipS-Sister Fanny Pack on a 10mile run this weekend and it performed amazingly. There wasn't any major shifting when I ran. My base layer shirt kept riding up so it slightly moved the pack but not like other belts I've tried that ride all the way up to my sports bra(I'm talking about a tiny bit of movement here). My keys, gels and phone didn't shift they stayed in place. I really appreciate the fit and function of this product because there is nothing more annoying than feeling my phone or keys slapping me over and over again. I think this is the most comfortable way I've experienced wearing my essentials on a run.
Let me start by listing the contents of the prize:
- one Black HipSsister Fanny Pack in your choice of size 1 or 2.
- OFFICIAL RULES:
- No purchase is necessary
- This sweepstakes is open to US residents 18yrs old who have reached the age of majority according to their local laws.
- Odds of winning are determined by number of entrants.
- Entrants are responsible for knowing the applicable laws of their state or locale for receiving products resulting from random drawings.
- Laced Up With Lipstick is not responsible for product claims made by manufacturers.
- All entrants release Laced Up With Lipstick of any liability for medical issues stemming from the use of products contained in the giveaway. All entrants should consult their medical professional prior to using unfamiliar products.
- All entrants agree to be bound by the official rules of this giveaway as result of entering or accepting the prize.
- Laced Up With Lipstick does not acknowledge a cash value for products contained in this giveaway.
- Laced Up With Lipstick reserves the right to substitute contents in case any portion becomes unavailable.
- Winner must provide a physical mailing address to receive the giveaway.
- Please allow four to six weeks for the giveaway to arrive. Laced Up With Lipstick will make every effort to get it to you faster than the estimated shipping times above.
- Entries will be accepted from Monday, April 15th and End Sunday April 21st, 2013 at Midnight EST.
- Eligible winner will be selected at random and have 48hrs to provide a mailing address. Failure to provide mailing address will result in forfeiture and a new winner will be selected.
- To enter please use the Rafflecopter widget below.
- FYI all entries are being moderated and verified to make sure entries are valid. For example, if you entered that you are leaving a blog post I am verifying that you actually did. If your name is drawn and you did not meet the prerequisite for your entry(ie...blog comment, facebook like, etc...) another name will be drawn and your entry discarded. This makes it fair for those who entered and followed through.
a Rafflecopter giveaway